KS-2 ELECTRIC DIAMOND KNIFE SHARPENER
The Kikusumi KS-2 electric diamond knife sharpener offers the quickest and most precise way to sharpen both ceramic and steel knives. It is superior to hand sharpeners and sharpening rods by virtue of its precise angle and consistent pressure control. It is also far faster and less of a physical chore to use. While most electric sharpeners offer a maximum sharpening grit of #800, the Kikusumi KS-2 sharpener comes fitted with a more refined #1000 grit for superior sharpness. Dual slots allow you the choice of coarse grinding (#600) and fine grinding (#1000) all in one machine. Use the #600 slot to repair chips up to 5 mm and bring back the edge to a dull knife. Use the #1000 slot once a week to maintain a razor sharp edge on blades. No matter how dull or sharp your knives are the KS-2 will provide you with the correct solution. All of these extraordinary features are packed into an elegant and contemporary design that will look great on your countertop while occupying only a small footprint. There is simply no faster way to restore the sharpness to your blades and protect your knife investment whether they be ceramic or steel knives.
Selecting the correct angle for a knife blade is the first step in sharpening a knife correctly. Deciding which angle to sharpen your knife at is basically a compromise between edge sharpness and durability. Japanese manufacturers will usually sharpen their knives to about 17° whereas Western knife edges are usually 20°. Knife edges sharpened to 17.5° are ideal as they are very sharp and durable. The Kikusumi KS-2 Diamond knife sharpener comes with 2 slots that both sharpen to an angle of 17.5° each side (total edge angle of 35°)
Most ceramic and western knives have a double bevel blade tip which means both sides are angled and require sharpening. The advantage of a double bevel blade is that it can be used by both left and right handed users. There are special cases such as some traditional Japanese knives that are single-beveled and can be sharpened only on one side. However, the vast majority of knives sold are double bevel.
Diamond grit is the most expensive type of grit as it is both rare and highly capable of sharpening all types of knife materials. We chose diamond grit for the Kikusumi KS-2 so you would only need one sharpener for all of your knives. To ensure the consistency of the blade, the knife should be sharpened by turns in left and right sharpening groove.
Use the first slot for coarse grinding to repair blades with chips of up to 5 mm deep. Once smooth use the second slot for fine honing and polishing the blades edge to a fine sharpness.
- Gently place the heel of the knife into the left sharpening groove lightly pull the knife through from the heel to the tip. Pull at a uniform speed (4-6 seconds for metal knife, 8-10 seconds for ceramic knife). Never put downward pressure
- Put the knife into the right sharpening groove and sharpen the same way as step 1
While most electric grinders offer a maximum grit of #800, the Kikusumi KS-2 comes fitted with a finer #1000 diamond grit for superior sharpness and longer blade life.
SUSTAINABLE ELECTRIC POWER
Electric sharpeners have multiple advantages over other types of sharpeners. They are more powerful, easier to use and are a more sustainable solution for the environment. In comparison, battery operated sharpeners fluctuate in power and thereby give less consistent results when sharpening knives. They also require you to have batteries on hand and replace them when they wear out which unnecessarily adds waste to the environment. An electric sharpener also allows you to choose the most eco-friendly energy source available to you. In designing the KS-2 we wanted a sharpener that is less work for the user, gives better sharpening results and is a more environmentally sustainable product. We believe this is the best overall solution for sharpening both ceramic and steel knives at home.
When we set about designing the Kikusumi KS-2 we wanted to offer all of the above extraordinary features in an attractive unit occupying only a small footprint on the kitchen countertop. One machine that covers all of your sharpening needs.
REPLACEABLE SHARPENING HEAD
- Disassembie,clean and install the sharpening head.
- Disassemble the sharpening head,rotate the sharpening head clockwise following A,pull out after the rotation stopped.
- Clean the sharpening head,remove the cover followingB,replace the cover after Pouring sharpening crumbs.
- Install the sharpening head,insert sharpening head into the body of the Sharp-ener following C until it is tightened.
- Diamond grit sharpens both ceramic and steel knives
- High powered plug-in electric diamond grinding wheel with two distinct slots
- Slot 1 – coarse #600 diamond grit can grind away blade chips of up to 5mm off of ceramic blades and hone even the dullest blades
- Slot 2 – fine #1000 diamond grit designed to polish blade to an ideal angle of 17.5°
- Accurate angle guide and constant sharpening pressure reshape the perfect blade
- Slots allow for sharpening from knife tip to handle
- Universal Knife Guide Slot sharpens knives to a V bevelled edge for a fixed total angle of 35° (17.5° x 2)
- Removable diamond wheel cartridge and cover for easy cleaning
- Universal knife guide slot accommodates most blade types
- Replaceable sharpening head extends the sharpener’s life making it a more sustainable choice for the environment
- Applicable voltage 100-240 VAC, 50HZ—60HZ
- NOT SUITABLE FOR SERRATED BLADES OR NON-KITCHEN KNIVES SUCHS AS HUNTING KNIVES, FOLDING KNIVES, POCKET KNIVES
BLACK CERAMIC COLLECTION
DIAMOND KNIFE SHARPENERS Coming 2017